Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey

My neutral light has stopped working. i'm sure bulb is fine and pretty sure the sensor is OK.

Where is the diode for the neutral light located? My wiring diagram says I have one and the manual says to swap it but not found anything to say where it is or what it looks like. It's a 1999 600 SRAD.

Thanks

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,088 Posts
If you trace the wiring diagram in your manual, you'll see that a Bl/B wire goes from the neutral indicator to the turn signal/sidestand relay, through a diode therein and from there emerges as a Bl wire going to the neutral switch. You should be able to use a DMM in diode mode, to check the diode in the relay. Placing the probes on the Bl/B and Bl wire pins, you should be getting something like 500-700 (0.5V-0.7V) if you connect them one way and nothing if you connect them the other way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you trace the wiring diagram in your manual, you'll see that a Bl/B wire goes from the neutral indicator to the turn signal/sidestand relay, through a diode therein and from there emerges as a Bl wire going to the neutral switch. You should be able to use a DMM in diode mode, to check the diode in the relay. Placing the probes on the Bl/B and Bl wire pins, you should be getting something like 500-700 (0.5V-0.7V) if you connect them one way and nothing if you connect them the other way.
Ah, so the diode will be part of the other relay, not a separate part.

Back to the shed.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed, found a cacked blue wire under the relay, bit of sorting and I have a neutral light!

thanks, and i learnt a little about electrics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Naicu Vistian
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing