Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and a neighbor and "one of the guys" that rides together from Greeneville, TN had a wreck today literally in my front yard and was DOA when my next door neighbor ran over to him not even one minute after the crash.

I left my house this morning at 11:45 to go to my parents house and was helping prep my dad's harley for the season because he works out of town. at 12:05 my friend's 2007 Black/Gold GSXR600 lost control and went into the ditch then went through a fence post (which is an old light pole buried 3 feet deep), across my driveway and landed next to my driveway and was killed instantly.

The bike landed on the other side of the road and the swingarm had detached from the frame. The car following behind him said the rear tire started to "wobble" and he went into the ditch at about 50-55 mph. Later on there were some of his close friends over here looking for his cell phone and one of them told me they have had to tighten the bolt going through the swingarm a few times last year. I am thinking it came loose and caused the bike to not be able to hold a straight line. Regardless of how it happened it is very unfortunate.

He left behind a fiancee and 2 year old son. He was ~24 years old. I pray that he was right with God and is in a good place now. I feel so bad for his youngen. RIP Stan

These pictures are mildly graphic (blood)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Such a tragedy, and close to your home too. May he rest in peace. This incident is even more reason to check, double check and triple check that all critical bolts and such are properly torqued.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Such a tragedy, and close to your home too. May he rest in peace. This incident is even more reason to check, double check and triple check that all critical bolts and such are properly torqued.
This is very sad and even sadder, it seems to have been preventable.

My friends make fun of me all the time for constantly checking everything. I always point out to them that these bikes need some sort of attention about every 500 miles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
sorry to hear the loss,
Did he hit the pole himself? i don't see any other reason for him to have lost his life if he just flew off the bike...he was wearing riding gear correct?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts