Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wants to wheelie. really bad...
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Need help with a certain wheelie. I feel like I've gotten very good at sitdowns and want to learn how to do standups wsbk and motogp style where they stand up AS the bike is coming up non-staggered style.To me, it looks so badass. Standing on the pegs before clutching up doesnt quite do it for me. What I would like to know is what are you doing before, during and after you get to balance point? I've never even done a stand up before. Are you even gripping the tank at any point? Pulling back on the bars at all times and leaning back? I want to know everything that needs to be done to do this exact style of wheelie safely.
Thank you in advance!

·
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people
881 Posts
There's no safe way to learn to wheelie on sportsbike. Better off learning on a smaller, lighter dirt bike

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

·
Wants to wheelie. really bad...
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How to wheel stand your bike. Step 1, Ride your bike for 4 hours a day, every day. Step 2, Become one with your bike. Step 3, Use the force (Luke).
I can ride a wheelie. Check for my highlight on facebook. Just search Nick Aguado. My profile will sport a red k6 1k. I was just trying to figure out how to do this specific kind of wheelie. Like JUST after the wheel comes up, do you pull yourself off the seat by bracing with the clip ons? Etc...

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
7,946 Posts
I just put it in first, bounce off the rev limiter and dump the clutch. It's pretty easy actually, especially on the K6 1K..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts