Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 gsxr 600

Ok so the issue I'm having:
When the bike gets to 4-5k rpm there is no acceleration or power. The bike revs all the way to redline, but just no power behind it

Events leading the the issue:
So the bike sat for awhile while I converted the clip ons to stunt bars and welded on a new exhaust. When I was done with all that, I took the bike out. Filled it up with e91 and started riding. Everything was fine just like it was before being worked on. Rode around for about 20-30min and everything was fine.
Then took the bike out to a long stretch of open rode and opened it up. Full throttle all they through all 6 gears. And it sang and ran like a dream. Now right after that pass, is when I started having the previously stated issue

What I know and what iv done to resolve this issue:
First I thought I lost a coil or spark plug. So I took out all the spark plugs and coils. Spark plugs looked fine. Tested them and the coils. All of them sparked. But replaced the spark plugs anyways. This didnt resolve the issue

Then I thought maybe it was the fuel pressure, tested the fuel pressure, and that was within range. Even while riding the fuel pressure was fine.

Then I thought I burnt the clutch. Opened up the clutch case. Clutch looks fine, but since I had it open I replaced it anyways. No resolve

Then I figured maybe since I changed from a straight pipe exhaust to a more restrictive baffled one and didnt map it, maybe that was the issue somehow. Removed the new exhaust, back to straight pipe, no resolve

Now I should also mention since iv had the bike (4ish years) the stva has not worked. I have always had a c28 code. My solution was to just unplug the servo and keep the butterfly's open. So that's never really been an issue before you guys say anything about that.

So that's where I'm at. Any insight on this issue would be much appreciated cause I'm sort of at a loss. My next step is going to be to check compression and then probably take it to a shop cause this may be out of my hands now.

Thank you for reading g

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
I assume you have checked and made sure that whatever setup you have to keep the secondaries open is still keeping them open, otherwise that'd be a first think to look at. Apart from that, given the sudden development of the issue, I'd suspect that the cam chain jumped a tooth or two during or after the straight acceleration run. You should measure the fuel flow (which is more relevant than pressure in this case) just to make sure it's within spec though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight. Ya checking fuel volume was my next step and then tearing apart the injectors to clean them. I will look up how to check cam position as well and update you guys when I know more. Thanks man

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
If the bike is revving to the redline then it is not an engine issue. You sound mechanically capable but I have to ask... is the clutch lever properly adjusted? Does it have play? I would have to think the problem is in the clutch somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Send a video
I had the same thing and my clutch plates were seated wrong in the basket just revved out and no power to the wheel. And I had juat installed a new clutch

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the 04 05 gsxr clutch basket there is a slot at the end you can accidentally put them in. If you have no power issue with the bike and it just revs out and doesnt go anywhere you have a clutch issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya ya the last clutch plate goes on the other gear, I made sure to do that. But even if that was the case, that wouldn't explain why the issue started happening randomly before I changed the clutch. Iv had the bike for almost 4 years and never messed with the clutch and this started happening suddenly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts