Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
needed, 1127 pressure plate clutch and inner hub???

Any you guys got a GOOD inner clutch hub and pressure plate and springs and bolts for a 1127cc GSXR motor, and possibly the rod and needle bearing pusher??? Don't offer me inner hubs with "notches" from the clutch plates teeth in them, i already have a drawer full of them!!!!

Cases are '90, crank is '92, clutch basket is '92, tranny is '92. I'm also going cable on this conversion. let me know what you got, condition, price and location, and a pic if its easy for you!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
no more than what they cost new i would just go to a suzuki dealer and buy it new or you could just give me a call and i can save you a few bucks...thanks!!

dwayne

[ 01-04-2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Cycle Concepts ]

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
if your using the 92 tranny then you need to use the Diaphram style inner. If you are trying to convert to the 4 spring you need the kit from APE or somewhere as the input shaft is longer on the 91-92 than the 90 and down. To convert to cable use the 600 Katana sproket cover with the cable actuator, it bolts on in place of your Hyd cover but you may need to shorten the rod a little.
Bones

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have diaphagm style inners from my existing clutches. Why do i need to use the APE kit to convert, all their kit is is a inner and pressure plate if i remember correctly for $160 US (steep IMO) Please inform me of the differences and why their kit is needed???

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
the waffer spring setup is alot better than the coil over setup...guys just did that conversion before there was a lock up available for the wafer spring(1127/watercool 1100)...you could use a watercool inner basket cause it's stronger than than the 1127 inner basket...i have a few spares at the shop i will hook up a gixxer.com member if you really need one...give me a call...thanks!!

dwayne

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Cycle Concepts:
the waffer spring setup is alot better than the coil over setup...guys just did that conversion before there was a lock up available for the wafer spring(1127/watercool 1100)...you could use a watercool inner basket cause it's stronger than than the 1127 inner basket...i have a few spares at the shop i will hook up a gixxer.com member if you really need one...give me a call...thanks!!

dwayne
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">well heres my reason for the swap, this will be a pro-street bike, motor runs 8.70's in its race chassis,i plan on running this motor in the '92 750 chassis i just got. I currently run a slider clutch in this motor with a stock 1127 92 clutch basket except some threaded bosses welded to it for the slider hat to mount. I also run a stock '92 1127 inner hub thats machined down to clear my slider hat. So thats why i have no "real" clutch parts left and am looking for these pieces. I have a few 1127 inner hubs left, but cause of the HP i have they get notched from the clutch plates "teeth" from repeated launches. Are the water coolers stronger in the "teeth" area, cause thats the only problem i have with these hubs? So your saying the only reason people converted to the the coil pressure plate system over the diaphram system was due to slipping and the lockup was available for the "coil" setup only at that time??

So as long as you run a lockup on the diaphragm set up all is good? My only concern is i planned on running real light springs on the coil setup so the clutch will slip the first 15-20ft on the launch till the lockup takes over and packs the plates. DO they make different pressure diaphragm springs if i go that way? Thanks for the info so far!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
The reason for the swap is due to the longer input shaft of the 91-92 1100. The 91-92 also had the double row bearings on the basket. If you can come up with a lock-up for the dia. clutch than just use the stock springs, they will give you the slip you want.
Bones

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
well if you are running a slider you need to call up mtc and get the billet inner hub or you could get it thru me and i will save you some cash and be done with those woes...the stock baskets will continue to do that and will affect how the slider works...good luck!!!

dwayne

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not buying anything else from MTC, i have had BAD luck with the reliabilty of his clutch baskets in my 8.30 bike, they last about 2 years, and he nails me $600 plus for the replacement basket. NO thank you! The clutch works great when it works, deadly consistent, and great 60' (1.16 60's) but its just WAY to costly to maintain. This new project of mine will be street worthy, thats why i need a pressure plate and lock up setup.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Originally posted by gsxr12161216:
I'm not buying anything else from MTC, i have had BAD luck with the reliabilty of his clutch baskets in my 8.30 bike, they last about 2 years, and he nails me $600 plus for the replacement basket. NO thank you! The clutch works great when it works, deadly consistent, and great 60' (1.16 60's) but its just WAY to costly to maintain. This new project of mine will be street worthy, thats why i need a pressure plate and lock up setup.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ooookkkkk then!!! why don't you give me a call at the shop and let's talk about exactly what you are looking for and what you will be doing...i read too deep into people's post sometimes...if we talk i can ask question and so can you...will be looking for you call...thanks!!!

dwayne

1 - 10 of 10 Posts