Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im having couple problems with my GSXR 1000 K7.

1- while riding its doesn't show the the correct gear im in on the dash Display or it goes blank.

2- when i go on a long ride uphill its fine but when im returning on a downhill and i press the clutch my bike turn off i have to start it again (it starts back up as soon as i hit the ignition button)

if anyone can help with with these problem ill be greatfull

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,178 Posts
1- while riding its doesn't show the the correct gear im in on the dash Display or it goes blank.
Start with cleaning the GPS, that is, the Gear Position Sensor. Consult the manual regarding its location and procedure to remove/reinstall.

2- when i go on a long ride uphill its fine but when im returning on a downhill and i press the clutch my bike turn off i have to start it again (it starts back up as soon as i hit the ignition button)
I suspect the charging system for this. Perhaps it's partly failed and can't supply the needed current when hot and at idle engine speeds. Could also be just a half-dead battery too, though.

Get yourself a DMM and perform the tests described in the service manual in the "Charging system inspection" section, particularly the ones related to the battery and regulator/rectifier. Let us know what you get.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,840 Posts
There are threads here about disassembling and cleaning the GPS. Search. Alternately, replace it. It used to be a more common problem but I think that Suzuki redesigned the seals as it doesn't show up here very often any more.

Your engine dying problem is related to the ISC. First make sure that your clutch switch works properly. That is far and away the most common reason for dying under the conditions that you describe. Your engine has been running on a neutral map if the switch is bypassed or stuck closed. It's also possible that the faulty GPS could be effecting this. Try cleaning the ISC if the problem is still there with a properly functioning clutch switch and GPS. There are threads here about this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a quick shifter installed on the bike and sometimes it wont shift from 2nd to 3rd gear.... could the problem be related?

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
If you have a Speedo-Healer installed on your bike & it's starting to fail, that can cause incorrect gear readings also.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,178 Posts
Your engine dying problem is related to the ISC. First make sure that your clutch switch works properly. That is far and away the most common reason for dying under the conditions that you describe. Your engine has been running on a neutral map if the switch is bypassed or stuck closed. It's also possible that the faulty GPS could be effecting this. Try cleaning the ISC if the problem is still there with a properly functioning clutch switch and GPS. There are threads here about this.
+1 on this. More likely than my suggestion (esp. since you don't have starting problems), so start with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry guys i haven't had the chance to work on my bike there was a huge brush fire i had 1200 olive trees burnt so i have been working on that i should work on the bike next week and ill let you guys know what happens thank you all for your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts