Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have looked high and low and have not been able to find what im looking for i need a 1997 suzuki gsxr 600 electrical wiring diagram now ive found some 98 600cc or 97 750cc wiring diagrams but they do not have a white wire listed on it. im pretty much re wiring my entire bike since now im having some crazy shit going on like when i turn the high beems on it tells me a random temp. so please for the love of baby jesus i need a 97 gsxr 600 wiring diagram and in return i will give you this

:eek:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i have looked high and low and have not been able to find what im looking for i need a 1997 suzuki gsxr 600 electrical wiring diagram now ive found some 98 600cc or 97 750cc wiring diagrams but they do not have a white wire listed on it. im pretty much re wiring my entire bike since now im having some crazy shit going on like when i turn the high beems on it tells me a random temp. so please for the love of baby jesus i need a 97 gsxr 600 wiring diagram and in return i will give you this

:eek:
this is what im working with but there have been a few questionable wires and where they go also in the upper left theres a thing that says "us only" and has a little like n shape that leads me to believe im supposed to splice those two wires together is this right?

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for posting this sadly i have this one and this was the one i was talking about not having the "white" wire and i was looking on the side of the pdf reading program and i see chapters for 1998 and 1999 but did not see one for 1997 :( and i looked at the 4 wiring diagrams that were included and that was when i realized they didnt have a white wire listed they only go to yellow then split into multi colored

·
Registered
73 Posts
v is the model of the gsxr 600.
97 - v
98 - w
99 - x
00 - y

98-00 spare pretty much the same loom. The 97 (v) model has a slightly different loom

·
Premium Member
6,364 Posts
Sounds like you need to check the harness up to the clocks as both the high beam and temp have wires in that run and the harness can get pinched in the headstock area.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is the 600v wiring diagrams in my haynes manual

ok i guess i was wrong the colored one i had that i uploaded must have been a different letter then v id hate to be that guy but can you get me some closer pics of your diagram please? ive got everything workin normally except the left side turn signal and the temp gauge and possibly something that is making it run a little weird but still tinkering thanks in advance

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
upon further inspection of the manual pdf download listed above i realize the manual DOES have the letter w on the side chart but i can not seem to find a w wire on the actual diagram
its weird the manual does say its for the gsxr 600v but it has a different wiring diagram then the one blagger posted

·
Registered
73 Posts
sorry this is a bit rough took a few pictures of the page, i didn't have time to join them properly so hope this gives you a basic idea. if needs be i can do a better at a later date

hopefully this one will come up large when you click on it

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
MOTHER FUCKING MOTHER FUCKER GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!!!!! this bike is killing me.... so i used photoshop and put all the pics together so i had a single image which again thank you so much for but i have this fucking yellow wire that isnt on the diagram.... the wire comes out of the clutch side which i attached a pic to and i have no idea where its supposed to go anybody got any ideas? i opened up the clutch plastic thing that has the wires for the turn signal and the horn and what not and i see the yellow wire looks like it has something to do with the brights

i added a pic of where i believe it should be with the way the wiring diagram is laid out

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
now that i think about it..... i think im on to something.... which first fuck those companies that made all of the wiring diagrams for all w x z abc and any other gsxr's wiring diagrams. upon closer inspection i think they just didnt make the small amounts of wires the right colors in the picture (which makes them lazy dicks) attached are the two wires on the left-er side which looks like a black with dark green trace or stripe, and the black with yellow strip/trace before the "gray bridge" (connector piece)(coming from the switch and going up in the picture) i think they didnt color it yellow and white, which explains that random fucking white wire that i was losing my shit over, so im giong to assume that the white wire is to be spliced with the black with green stripe/trace wire thus giving you your normal head lights or low beams, and the solid yellow wire is to be spliced into the black with yellow striped/trace wire giving you your high beams.
i am going to test and report back

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so my theory was right. they are lazy asses and didnt use the right colors on the parts that are very close to the switches or fuses or anything past the clips. i got my turn signals working both left and right/front and back. horn working. brights and low beams working. break lights working. and so on now my problem is i was trying to start the bike to test the temp device and it started idled rough like mine does for some reason and then died about 5 min later and before it died it made like puuu sounds from carb 3 and 2 (the middle ones) and then it died i figured it was just flooded so i tried to start it again and the starter button would not work at all. is there a safty device that keeps the starter/starter motor from working when the bike is hot or thinks its hot? because i used a piece of metal on the relay and was able to get it to try to start but it still would not. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
If the bike is flooded then the engine is hydrolocked. Remove the spark plugs and cover the ports with rag/towel then try the starter.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts