Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
This is a dual pick-up I think ? - but black is -ve and yellow should be +ve, these two are used on single pick-ups found on later bikes. On these bikes green is normally a +ve and blue a -ve. I'm no great electrical wizard, but have carried out some electrical work on my bikes.

·
I'm not a savior!!!
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a dual pick-up I think ? - but black is -ve and yellow should be +ve, these two are used on single pick-ups found on later bikes. On these bikes green is normally a +ve and blue a -ve. I'm no great electrical wizard, but have carried out some electrical work on my bikes.
I have 1 Yellow and 1 Blue wire outta one pickup and 1 Black and 1 Green out of another.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Those coloured wires tie in with my understanding of the GSXR colour coding a -ve and +ve on each pair of wires. If the engine is in the frame you could test by putting a multimeter from +ve to a known neg. eg engine case/frame ...as long as the battery is installed and ignition on.
I've had a look in my Haynes manual and your wires are the same as the early GSXR with the dual pick-ups, so looks good I reckon !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts