Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Suzuki GSXR 600 that's stretched 9 in my bike topped out at 147 the other day I would like to get more top end I have a 45 tooth on the rear sprocket and I believe whatever the stock one is on the front which sprocket should I change into what I believe the front sprocket is like a 16 I think

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
if you want more top end MPH you will need a 750 or 1000, or serious engine work, that's about it for that slipstream, a chance you can eek 5-10 mph more with a few light tricks of the trade for more HP but the 03 600 is about topped out HP wise unless you're about to bust out the wallet.. does it have the typical exhaust system, race filter, iridiums, smaloil ro equivalent competition synthetic motorcycle oil, PC3?

after that it's cams, compression, or juice/boost... as I said 130bhp for a 600 cc inline 4 is about maxed out... move up in displacement if you really need speed

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I would ditch the swingarm and maybe go up to a 46t on the rear. Make sure the front is a stock 16t. That is your best gearing combo on a 600 for top speed. The extra tooth in the rear let's the engine rev a little easier so it might give you a mph or 2 more.
It's awfully strange to have a stretched 600 on stock gearing. It makes no sense really.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts