Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to start doing maintenance on my bike and I was wondering if there was anyone around the PA/NJ/DE area who knows what they are doing and would be willing to help out.

I am pretty well-versed in working on my car, and I'm sure I could figure it out, but it's usually faster and better to learn from someone who knows.

I am willing to pay for help doing all the basic maintenance on my 04 GSXR600. I'd like to check all the basics and change all the fluids. Of course I would help do all the work since I'd like to learn how to do it myself.

The sooner the better since I'm pretty sure my chain needs to be tightened already.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey man, I'm no pro but if you're interested in doing it yourself and can't find any help check out Youtube. I've learned a lot on there (changing my alternator/starter on my car)

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I am in central NJ, I can help you one weekend if you want.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Mate if your good with cars just download the service manual and follow the service needs the Manual is very detailed I was very similar to you working on cars for many years then got a bike just read before you do and it's really not that different till you get to the chain and that stuff is all in the manual give it a go.
If you run into a prob just ask here there are so many guys that can put you on the right track or do search and you may even find your answer there are also many common maintenance sticks threads with step by step instruction as well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input everyone. I know it should be pretty straightforward, but I figure if I can meet some people and have someone there the first time I work on it then I can see how to do it right. it's just more efficient to do it for the first time with someone knowledgeable.

I found someone local that may be able to help me out, and I have a rear stand on the way. If I still want more help maybe I can cruise up to central NJ one day - thanks for the offers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts