Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 5.5 inch rear wheel for my swap project and it leads me to a tire question.

The new rear wheel has a Dunlop D204 on it, decent shape. Would it be a problem using this rear with a D207 on the front?

Thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
the 207 is a stickier tire than the 204.

the 204 is advertised as an OE replacement only, and only comes on sport touring bikes.

But it was also the OE tire on the 96 GSXR750, so it should be an opkay tire to use.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I woul spend the extra money and get a complete set of 207rr's or regular 207's the 204 imho is a shit tire, different profile than the 207 as well it will muck up your handling with a more round tire in the rear (204) and a more pointy one up front (207)
-Karl

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I do not mix and match. It is worth the exter to get a new set. I get mine from Tire Warehouse (I'll post the address when I get home) they have a package deal with 1 front and 2 rears (thats how much longer your front will last than the rear before the center flatens out. I run the reg 207ZR's on both my 90 and the 88 and love them.
Bones

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I was reading on Dunlop's page and they dont reccom. mixing different types.

Bones: Is that discountmotorcycletires.com?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts