Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Give it to me Big Boy!!
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a total brain fart on how to word this so sorry if id doesn't make sense. I have a 99 gsxr600 that me and my babygurl love. We took a class together and shes ridden it a couple times. But shes 5'4", so i have to lower it. which is easy but when we ride two up i have to put it back. Her and i want her to have her own bike so whats a good sport bike that handles well, and isn't took close to the ground after being lowered, or is there a bike that would be low enough stock?

thanx girls

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Do a search as there are options besides lowering the bike like shaving the seat. There are plenty of shorter ladies who don't lower the bike plus, saying she is 5'4" doesn't really tell the whole story, what is her inseam?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
But shes 5'4", so i have to lower it.
She doesn't HAVE to lower it.

1 - at 5'4 she's probably too light for the fork and shock springs in the bike which means the preload can't be set properly, which means the bike isn't squatting down the right amount for her weight. The front and back end should sag about an inch and 1/2 with the proper rider sag set.

2 - shaving some foam from the seat can get you an inch +

3 - wear some thick soled boots when riding.

There's people shorter than 5'4 that ride some very TALL bikes.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
It's more the fact that the SRADs are WIDE around the tank and seat than the height. Go try out an SV650 - it's about the same height but much narrower (because of the engine configuration). My GF is 5'4 and has plenty of ground contact on her 2nd Generation SV :)

Also, when she has to move the bike around, especially backing it - she should get OFF it instead of trying to do it from the seat. Much easier.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I'm 5'2" and handle the '08 & '09 GSX-R600s fine. I shaved the seats a little & wear a good boot. The only lowerer sportbike is the Ninja 250; a great starter bike. I've had the Ninja 250, Suzuki 500GS & 650SVS. The Honda CBR was a tad bit too tall for me.

But as Samantha said, inseam is more important than total height. Also, seat width.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts