Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something just dont sound right to me... a guy a know has a 01 g1k for sale that is track ready... bodywork and so on. ok he tells me that i could buy it but it wont come with forks, rearsets shock or dampner. now given that i have forks and a shock that will work... but dayum he is still wanting $4500 for the thing.

it does come with an akra evo system, steel lines front and rear along with track bodywork and a billet clutch basket.

so what would you guys do?

~gix

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
give me a call tomarrow at work ..... 330 264 7735

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
ill seel you a complete 02 iK cleantitle turn gix gix 1 K for 5500.00

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
even with those goodies he wants to take off the forks which are at least worth 500, rearsets a couple more hundred, then at about 600 for the shock, and a couple hundred for the damper. thats 1500 easy.. so with all that on there he would want 6000. and that is too much in my opinion.. if you can get it for 4, or even less then go for it. otherwise id consider the wiz's ride for what he is asking.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Yup wiz's bike sounds like a lot better deal, throw your forks/shock/rear sets on ebay. Youll get top dollar for them all.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
even with those goodies he wants to take off the forks which are at least worth 500, rearsets a couple more hundred, then at about 600 for the shock, and a couple hundred for the damper. thats 1500 easy.. so with all that on there he would want 6000. and that is too much in my opinion.. if you can get it for 4, or even less then go for it. otherwise id consider the wiz's ride for what he is asking.
his forks are race teched and he has stockers for it also. the rearsets are vortex non adjustables... but it comes with stockers. the rear shock is stock.

now with all of this said... i still have the forks and the penske from the 750. they would make for a direct swap onto the 1K. the bike will come with stock rotors and 1 set of spare rotors... that is it on spares. the bike really has not been raced or ridden all that hard for that matter.... it has seen it days at the track and has 1 highside on it. still has a clean title also.

does this clarify things better?

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
yes, it does.. hmm, wiz's bike has been checked and optimized by gmd. and also has all the goodies on it. plus its an 02. although then you have shipping since he is in fl. if this bike is close to you id offer the guy 4 g's.. even though you have stuff that will swap onto the bike i think he is asking just a bit too much. although in reality 4500 for a complete clean titled 01 1k isnt out of the rhelm of possibility. but race bikes never get what they are really worth, and this shouldnt be an exception. but then again, you could sell the stock stuff it comes with and plug your stuff onto the bike and offset the cost a little bit..

got any pics of the bike? and was it measured after the highside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts