Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am planning to sell my 2008 GSXR600 and need to get a few things fixed before that.

Issue 1 - the rear tail section cracked due to getting sideswiped at the track by another bike (bike did not go down or anything it was just a bump where his handlebars banged into it and cracked the plastic), this was in Jan 2015 and I just have not bothered to get it fixed. The issue is that it snapped the lock wire and it's now stuck in the locked position so i'm not able to open the passenger seat. Are there instructions anywhere to remove the cowl from the bottom since I cannot get to the screws from the passenger compartment. Also, what is the cheapest way to get the replacement plastic? Are the chinese ones any good? I am not going to sell the bike for a whole lot so it makes no sense to spend hundreds on new plastic.

Issue 2 - The FI light has been on for a year now, I have not bothered with it because it's a Code 46 (Exhaust Servo malfunction). I don't care about the Exhaust Servo and just need to turn the FI light off. I know I can get that $50 device to turn off the FI light but is there a better way to do it? I don't mind spending the $50 but it's a non-returnable product so if it does not work then it's a waste of my money.

Everything else is in great shape so just the above 2 issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Answer to your question, for plastic look for Ebay and Aliexpress. Quality are not bad, cant beat OEM tho. For FI light, u need to cut some wire coming out from the ECU. Search for SET valve removal, pretty sure there is a ton of info which wire to cut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts