Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm changing my grips on my bike and after I took out the screw out of the throttle side bar end i pushed the little "nut" inside the handle bar way too far for me to be able to get it out. I've tried some things but I just don't have a magnet tool to see if i could pull it out with. If that's what I need then i'll pick one up tomorrow, but if i have to do something else please let me know because I can't finish my project until I can get that piece to stay where it was suppose to stay so i can put the screw back in. Thanks guys

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never mind I got the one on the throttle side, but how the hell do i put the pro grip on the R6 tube? There is no way that i can put the handlebar glue on there and then get the pro grip all the way down... any advice?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Just put it on... It will be hard. You have to milk it on there. Kinga start at one end and slide your hand down the grip. ( yes it will move, slowly but shurly ) I didnt use any glue for the throttle side though. I have had no probs yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quite a few people, including myself, didn't use glue on either side, use hairspray instead. It makes it super easy to slide the grip on, then when it dries, it helps it stick. I put mine on about 5 weeks ago, and they are still holding perfectly fine. Good luck!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Burgo said:
Quite a few people, including myself, didn't use glue on either side, use hairspray instead. It makes it super easy to slide the grip on, then when it dries, it helps it stick. I put mine on about 5 weeks ago, and they are still holding perfectly fine. Good luck!
+ 1

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i used hair spray on the throttle tuble but even that was a bitch to put on. Pro Grip 724s are a bitch to get on thats for sure, but with some muscle i got them on. They feel great btw.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Twisted385 said:
What about in the heat of the summer...wont the hair spray loosen up?

Nope, I put mine on a couple months ago and the temp here was nearly 100deg and it is still holding fine. You don't need no stinking glue..LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.