Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 750 yesterday. long story short it was bought at a storage unit auction. the owner of the unit was said to have owned a race shop. the unit was filled with about 25000 in snap on equipment for motorcycles and toolboxes. and this bike. the motor on the bike was suppose to be built. it was stored in the unit with the carbs off and wrapped up and the intake boots taped off. when i got home i started looking further and noticed the cdi box was gone and the wiring harness was hacked up(missing connectors and some of the light wiring was cut). i unwrap the carbs to find out they are Keihin 39mm flatside carbs. so that tells me the motor maybe built. but i cannot even see if it turns over with the harness relays and wires cut. what specific year harness will work for my bike?

Attachments

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Ya may want to take out the plugs and turn it over by hand first.
then ....

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
94/95 gsxr 750 wiring harness only. '93 was different.
you can make '93 work with a 93 key ignition and cdi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is the best way to go about turning it over by hand? and would the 39 fcr flatside carbs be worth keeping or should i try to sell them. street bike and once or twice a week rider only

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I have no experience with flatslides directly, but I hear they are best for racing, and need to be adjusted/tuned almost every time you run the bike. Might be better off with CV carbs

There's a picture of how to roll the crank in this thread. First picture. Post #3. The larger hole has a 14mm bolt head. You turn that. Clockwise only. The smaller hole is a sight hole for timing reasons.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/17-srads-97-00-600-96-99-750/141899-manual-cam-chain-tensioner.html

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I have no experience with flatslides directly, but I hear they are best for racing, and need to be adjusted/tuned almost every time you run the bike.
:lol Definitely not true

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
I have Keihin FCRs on all my carbed bikes. They work awesome. The only bad thing about them is a lack of a choke. :cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet ill keep them for right now then. if i post some pics of the motor serial numbers and pics of the bike it self can yall help me determine if it is water or oil cooled as i am missing some parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.