Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am now not going with those rearsets I showed you guys a while ago (not too happy with the guy from OPP
)

(notice the round knurled pedal? my 88 came with a flat rubber covered one)

I got a nice set of stockers off a 750 (thanks Yancy!) but I had Joey cut the tail plastics like on the RG so I need to fabricate some kind of heel gaurds

now has anybody seen a shifter like this one?

the bend in it is different and ithas 3 holes drilled in it! it is also thicker from the bend to the end and has a smaller round area where the rubber would go

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Do you just need a pic of the heel guards? If so I can post a pic when I get home tonight.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I want to see how they do it on the RG's

probaly just need to make something for the left side as the brake arm keeps your right heel in check

Now if I could afford some Mikuni rearsets....

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I've got a right-side rearset: footpeg, brake-lever, heelguard and all (no master cyl) for an `89 that I wouldn't mind donating to the oldskool project if you want it Mr G... the rearset has been painted (don't ask me, I got it from eBay) and it's kinda rough lookin, but it doesn't look bent/scratched from crash-damage at all.

I was hangin' on to it in case I happen to crash mine some day... it came along with some other parts I needed, but so far it's just takin' up space around here... (knock-on-wood).

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could always take a ride up here to visit me

maybe I could use the healguard portion of it? who knows

thanks for the offer,and I am only about a 2 hour ride away from you

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
yeah I want to see how they do it on the RG's

probaly just need to make something for the left side as the brake arm keeps your right heel in check

Now if I could afford some Mikuni rearsets....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you had a set of the Mikuni to use as a template, I can't believe that it'll be more than a couple hundred bucks to knock off copies of it, where as a set of Mikunis is around $475. I'll take my Mikuni rearsets to the machinist that I use and see how much he'll charge to make copies of them, but since I live in California the cost might not be that low...

Yancy

·
Registered
77 Posts
My last post didn't turn out for some reason so let me try again...

Anyway, a set of Mikunis is around $475, but if you had a set of them to use as a template it would probably be much cheaper to knock out copies of them. I will take my Mikunis to the machinist that I use and see how much he'll charge to make copies of them.

Yancy

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by yanc:
My last post didn't turn out for some reason so let me try again...

Anyway, a set of Mikunis is around $475, but if you had a set of them to use as a template it would probably be much cheaper to knock out copies of them. I will take my Mikunis to the machinist that I use and see how much he'll charge to make copies of them.

Yancy
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">$500 US is like $1000 to us Canucks

that would be cool to do some knockoffs! actually all the parts are available from many of the rearset makes, all we really need are proper plates than bolt up to the first gen frames!

I just had to do a quick polish on the brakearm

·
Registered
159 Posts
Guys,

Check them out, I'm not so good at reading
japanese but from the picture I would say they
are 4 way adjustable and no plate need to bolt
onto the oldskool frames.

Mikuni Racing Rearsets for 86' - 88' GSXR 1100

I'd buy a set if I had the cash, but being a poor
student and butchering my kat leaves me with a