Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was riding in ACH and went past a motorcycle cop at 67 mph. He was coming from the opposite direction, so gave him the riders salute( two fingers) and not the salute most cops deserve
. He turns is motorcyle around and throws is light on. I pull over to see what the problem is and he said I was doing 80 in a 55. I tried being totally cool with this guy but he was just a dick from the get go. He then trys to give me a lecture about owning a 750 and I should trade it in for a moped. I laughed at him and told him to just right the bacon slip and let me go. Well, to make a long story short. He also gave me a ticket for having to loud of an exhaust and no license plate light on my hotboddies undertail. Guys do I have to put everthing back to stock or is their anything else I could do? Any positive advice will be appreciated? thanks
I live in cali by the way

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
yea, take it to court, put the stock pieces back on, and they let you off. then go home and put the hotbodies kit back on

·
Registered
56 Posts
yeah just put the stock pieces on and maybe get a lawyer. if you can afford one. and when you go to court make sure you wear a shirt and tie.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Was his name Stout? That guy is on a mission to go after riders. I would fight the ticket. Did he get you on radar? How did he come to this realization? Remeber ACH is twisty and making asumptions on speed can be difficult especially if he was going the other way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i was told by my neighbor (which is a county shrieff) that since my hotbodies under tail was not made with tag light installed. that i didn't have to have one. its also a 04 750

·
Registered
209 Posts
I say it is certainly worth a fight but not worth a lawyer. It all depends on the judge. They can do whatever the hell they want. Just go, be courteous, and tell the truth. Sometimes the honesty bit works in your favor. If not, you can always argue the relativistic affects of time dialation and skewed inertial frames of reference.

·
Registered
505 Posts
When I put my fender eliminator on, I knew that I'd get the run around about not having a light on the license plate, so I got a LED light bar that has 6 white LED's in it and mounted it under my tail against the license plate and used the 12V lead that used to power the rear light to run the LED's. These things are soo bright the light up the whole road behind my bike! Look's great too, only $7 too I think...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No he didnt get me on radar and yes he was coming from the opposite direction. Also his name is Stout and he was an older white guy. He got very pissed when I called him gramps too by the way. So you think I should fight it? And how did you know the name Stout? did you have too deal with this asshole cop too?

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
i was told by my neighbor (which is a county shrieff) that since my hotbodies under tail was not made with tag light installed. that i didn't have to have one. its also a 04 750
Have you checked with the DMV on this? Regardless of what your neighbor tells you, it all comes down to what the DMV requires you to have.

njracer

·
Registered
297 Posts
how did he know that your exhaust was to loud? did he perform a decibal test, most likely not. i would fight the ticket's for sure. he was just being an ass and trying to find stuff to right you up for, fight it and win, and then just smile at him. that will piss him off!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Where is a good place to get this strip of white leds for licence plate?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a full yosh trs exhaust and he didnt db test it , he just looked at it. I figure Im pretty much fucked on the exhaust but Im not sure the db rating for my full exhaust. It doesnt sound to loud until it gets into the higher rpms but who knows for sure.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
I have a full yosh trs exhaust and he didnt db test it , he just looked at it. I figure Im pretty much fucked on the exhaust but Im not sure the db rating for my full exhaust. It doesnt sound to loud until it gets into the higher rpms but who knows for sure.
Regardless of the db's on the pipe, most if not all of the aftermarket pipes are designed for closed course competition use only, wich means any cop can give ya a ticket for having one. However, the cop has to be a real ball buster if he gives you a ticket for one.

OTOH - you sound like you were being a bit of an ass to him...laughing at him...calling him gramps..ect.

njracer

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I was a dick after I realized he was the standard (CLASSIC LYING ASS PIG).. My friends brother said he would write my ticket off because hes CHP too. Thats cool for me, thank god. However , I am still gonna fight this one in court. Thanks for da info on my exhaust Njracer. How do harleys get away with their loud ass exhausts nj?

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Thanks for da info on my exhaust Njracer. How do harleys get away with their loud ass exhausts nj?
It's really the same here.....however most cops are going to let you slide unless your a dick or did something really stupid. I've learned over the last 18yrs on the street to be as nice as possible to the officer even if he's a dick.

Plus it help a bit IMO that I'm starting to look OLD!

njracer

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No wonder you had to point out that I called him Gramps, You feeling OLd NJ?, lol. Well, to be old n wise, you gotta be young n dumb first. I guess I working on the young N dumb part. He really was an a-hole and I wasnt a dick until after I got the ticket.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks for da info on my exhaust Njracer. How do harleys get away with their loud ass exhausts nj?
It's really the same here.....however most cops are going to let you slide unless your a dick or did something really stupid. I've learned over the last 18yrs on the street to be as nice as possible to the officer even if he's a dick.

Plus it help a bit IMO that I'm starting to look OLD!

njracer
Yeah WTF, there is no way that most of the harleys that I hear on the road would pass a db test. I dont know how many times that I have been in my house studying for a class and hear a harley come screaming down the residential street shaking the windows in my room
Just because they are made in the US does not mean that the laws should not apply to them. (im not dissing harleys, I have respect for all bikes, but harleys are just too damn loud)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well first off, the reason you he hammered you is that you called him "Gramps". So right off the bat you put yourself in the hole. There are assholes in every profession including mine, but what do you expect when you call the guy a name? As far as court goes, shave, be professional and business like. Wear a suit if you have one. Talk to the prosecutor and the officer. The only ticket you should worry about is the speeding because it holds points. I can't speak for other states, but in NJ they usually will downgrade speeding tickets a couple of points or so if you show up to court. No matter what its his word against yours and will proabably loose if you take your case to trail. So see if you can strike a deal, that is your best bet. FYI, come ride in my town, I usually don't stop bikes for speeding unless i want to check the bike out. And try "sir" instead of "gramps" next time.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First off, I save sir for people I respect. Second, If you could read, I didnt call him gramps until after I got my ticket. Third, I plan on contesting it with a (Trial by declaration pursuant to cvc 40902). Put together all my facts about gramps lying and how he couldnt judge my speed from the opposite direction, no radar
Then, if im found guitly I will file for a (Trial de novo persuant to cvc 409029(d) and get a retrial in person. This has worked for me once before when I was speeding, lets see if it works for me when I wasnt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts