Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow i am going to be going to the track with my new 06 gsxr 1000... I have bought a shnitz lowering strap, brock's strap end kit, schnitz radial caliper brackets, and 3-hole adjustable lowering links for the rear... I am wanting to run the best time i can, but i have a ride the next day in the twisties and it looks like a pain to mess with the lowering links for the rear, looks to me like i would have to remove the left side fairing to get to it because the fairing is 1 peice, is this true?

my question is this, how much of a difference would it be at the drag strip with the adjustable dog bones using the middle hole of the links or without it at all so i will still be at stock height for the next days ride?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If you're going to the track you don't want to lower it. You'll ruin your ground clearance and you won't be able to turn.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now why would i lower the rear of my bike and strap the front for a road coarse, that would be kind of retarded huh? i am inquiring this for the drag strip.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I actually find it pretty easy to adjust, takes about 10min. I have a 04 750 and I am not sure if the plastic is blocking anything on yours, but I don't need to take it off to adjust. I just have someone (usually my wife & kid) lean the bike on the kickstand to take the weight off the shock and tire and wiggle the bolt out, push the tire up or down, and put the bolt in the other hole.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the links of the chain should stay the same unless you are extending the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.