Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the guy that i bought my bike from was a short ryder (5 foot 7) and im like 5 foot 10 so the bike was adjusted to sit low in the rear ..... i was wondering how would i go about changing it so it sits a little higher ??? i don't want it to sit to high cause i know that it [email protected]#ks up the way the bike handles but right now i can put both of my feet flat on the ground which is fine i guess but my other bike when i get to a stop im on my tippy toes (which i like ) ....

oh yea my bike is a 98 gsxr 600

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just came back from a ride and i notice that my undertail is rubbing the rear tire sometime ... don't know if this has to do with the ride height but i kind of think so cause it looks like when i went over a dip or something ( i wieght 230 pounds ) it must ta happen then .... but let me know what u guys think ..... here is a pic of what im talking about !!!!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Adjust the spring so your sag is 25 - 30 mm with you on the bike. There are many explanations of how to do this on the web.

Check the shock linkage for aftermarket dog bones. Replace them with stockers if they've been changed. This wasn't a common mod on these bikes.

Go to the Race Tech site and plug in your weight and bike. It will let you know how much change in spring rate you need. If you have the stock spring and the difference is less than 10 - 15%, don't worry about it, just set the sag.

Really short people with money occasionally have a slug put in the shock to limit it's travel and lower the bike. This is the right way to do it and is rarely done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts