Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, did my first oil change on my new to me 05 gsxr with only 4,400 miles on it. About a week ago I drained the oil which looked dark but good, then removed the oil filter and discovered a small indent in the oil cooler so I decided to replace it, for a week the bike sat in an unheated about 20 degree garage with the oil filter and the oil cooler off. Today a week later the oil cooler came in so I tossed it on, put a new oem suzuki filter and some rotela T6, let her run for about 5 mins then after killing it to my horror I discovered this:

grayish white oil with the peek hole fogging up. Now here are some things that came to mind:

1. When I was taking the oil cooler off, the filter was out to help gain access to the cooler, when all the coolant was draining and coming out it vaporized or leaked onto the fiter area.

2.With me not thinking twice and letting the bike sit there for a week with both cooler and filter off the motor was exposed to all sorts of moisture

3.The used oil cooler I recieved contained coolent/moisture in it

Now so far my only route Im thinking is drain everything and put new oil/filter see what happens?

Also a buddy with alot of ATV/dirt bike experience suggested draining it then running it on keorosine for a little to get all cleaned out then refill.

Im sure you guys could supply more suggestions , thanks ahead and hope to hear some stuff soon

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also noticed the oil indicator was was on when I shut off the bike, assuming from the change in oil consistancy ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts