Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 1993 Gsxr 600 to the track this weekend. Needless to say i was dissapointed with what i ran. I had the bike bored 40 over, profiled the cam, port,polished, and matched the heads, 3 angle valve job. It has a vance and hines pipe and header kit on it, jet kit, and I changed the rear sproket to 1 tooth bigger. The best i could get out of it was a 13.749 @ 100.66, and my 60ft times was 2.33. I was launching the bike at 7000rpm and it still wanted to bog leaving the line. I was slipping the clutch. Power shifting and shifting into 4th right at the finish line. Now I ordered a front sproket for it that is 1 tooth smaller and a back sprocket that is 2 teeth bigger. I just would like to know is there something wrong with my bike and does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to make it faster. Also by changing the gearing that much is it going to make it hard to ride on the street. I am new at drag racing a bike, I have been drag racing my 12 second mustang for about 3 years. Thanks Chris

1 - 1 of 1 Posts