Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had the gixxer for that long just hit 1100miles today. I went to my grandmas house and parked behind a van, a good distance. I went outside and my bike was parked in the middle of the road. It had a note saying I parked way TOO close and they hit my bike. It was hit by a red F150 that wasn't there when I went inside but I parked to close. WTF. So ne ways, she hit the right side of it and knocked it down, then it got caught and she drug it on the other side for about 20ft. So I need pretty much a whole new body but I want all aftermarket stuff. Wheres a good place to go. I also need new turn signals, she broke my clutch lever in half, put some big dents in the exhaust.. Windshield is broke. All kinds of shit. I already got a claim through so hopefully it will get taking care of ASAP before I have to go back to NC. The insurance company said they would write me a check for all the damages. Someone please let me know a good place to go for all aftermarket body work and such. I've searched but haven't found anything and I need this thing fixed by Saturday before it gets on a semi down to Bragg.
Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah. It's all in the police report. I was parked there before that car was even there. They parked in front of me because they got there after the van had left so they got there like 30mins after I did. But during the whole time they never saw the bike. It's all in the police report, filed, the claim has been made with their insurance company and they put a rush on it to get it done before i have to go back to Ft. Bragg.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL. Yeah. It was woth totalling but they would only give me 6k so I took the 4600$ check they gave me to fix it. Im gonna put a fender eliminator kit on it, new turn signal in the front, new clutch lever and put the rest towards the loan. It will almost be paid off since i only took out a 6k loan.

·
Registered
610 Posts
HER insurance should be covering the damages. She hit YOUR bike that was parked legally. Goddamn women drivers.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i don't care if you parked in the middle of the freaken road. You had established position and they hit it. Now there could be some legal issues not making a person have total responsibility with it in the middle of the road, but whre you did park it - its TOTALLY on the them. I guess you know what car hit it, so get their info, but make sure u have a tag or something just in case they stiff ya. then politly go to the police. being professional about it will help you out a ton.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can't believe it I'd be pissed, it seems nobody respects other people's property, I 've spent already 2k in damages to my maxima from people keying it to swinging there doors wide open. How the hell didn't she see the bike?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i don't care if you parked in the middle of the freaken road. You had established position and they hit it. Now there could be some legal issues not making a person have total responsibility with it in the middle of the road, but whre you did park it - its TOTALLY on the them. I guess you know what car hit it, so get their info, but make sure u have a tag or something just in case they stiff ya. then politly go to the police. being professional about it will help you out a ton.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts