Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I`ve problem with my gsxr11wp(ca). I founded my carb not supplying fuel to no.2 cylinder during idle. What should I do to resolve this problem.Thank you..

·
Fortunae Nihil
2,906 Posts
Check the float needle valve and float assembly in the Number 2 carburetor (inside the float bowl).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a fuel going out when I opened drain screw. It means the fuel is inside the bowl..??

·
Registered
379 Posts
sounds like you have fuel in the bowl. but also may have a stuck float or clogged jet in the carb not picking up the fuel and delivering it into the cylinder. take the carbs off if your mechanically able to do so and check the jets and float.

im not the greatest with carbs though. but how did you come to find out the #2 cyl was being deprived of fuel?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
If the bowl is full of fuel, then teh needle and float are doing what they're supposed to do, let fuel in from the tank. Sounds like a jet is blocked like Hans mentioned ^. If fuel isn't being delivered to the manifold, the next place to look is the jets. Might want to pull the whole rack of carbs and clean them out. Chances are they've never been off the bike in almost 15 yrs if it's a WP.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spark plug not showing fuel burning and dry. The spark plug firing look great (detached from cylinder head). stuck float or clogged jet in the carb Which jet did you mean? Tq

·
Registered
379 Posts
you should have 2 or 3 jets in the carb that youll see when you take it apart. one being the main jet and one being the idle jet. but dont take my word for it as im not the best with carbs.

best thing to do is get the manual first if you plan on attacking this on your own.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The bottom line on this is that you've got fuel going into the carb, but not to the cylinder. And you've got spark at the cylinder, which is great. But the carb is going to need to come down and be cleaned since the idle jet and/or main jet are clogged w/ varnished fuel (is my guess). I'd recommend pulling the whole rack of carbs off and have a shop clean then. They have more than likely never been off the motor to be cleaned.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My bike back to normal after cleaning all jets. but other problem appeared, popping sound heared coming from exhaust, pilot screw set to 3 rounds..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank guys, my bike back to normal condition but other problem appeared, the pooping sound heared coming from exhaust, pilot screw adjust to 3 rounds.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
That's kind of normal, are you running aftermarket pipes/cans and pods? If so, probably running a little lean due to increased airflow. Can adjust the jetting by playing w/ idle/main jet sizes or raising/lowering the needle. Others are here are FAR better than me to help w/ recommendations for jetting though -- I'm crap at it.

·
Fortunae Nihil
2,906 Posts
If the popping is happening when you roll off the throttle, this is a harmless but temporary lean condition caused by the needles blocking fuel flow when intake vacuum is high (engine RPM above 3K usually). this can be remedied quite nicely by changing your pilot jet for one size larger.

If the popping is happening when you open the throttle, try raising the needles by a notch.

Don't mess with your mixture screws yet. They're not the problem in my opinion.

·
Fortunae Nihil
2,906 Posts
According to the factory manual, Canadian specification 40mm carbs with no other intake or pipe modifications: (Pilot) mixture screws should be set to 2 turns out (not 3).

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Thank guys, my bike back to normal condition but other problem appeared, the pooping sound heared coming from exhaust, pilot screw adjust to 3 rounds.
Oh, dear. This may be far worse than we thought. Just to be sure, it's a "popping" sound, not a "pooping" sound? :D

(Back to being serious here...) If it's popping at idle, then I'd venture a guess that the pilot (idle?) jet too small and making the bike run lean, like RB says. On throttle roll-off is a different issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts