Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the clutch lever assembly on my 750. When it fell over I guess the lever hit practically perpendicular to the ground and instead of the lever snapping the bracket itself bent in because now the lever's farther forward than normal. I just got the part in but have some questions.

How exactly do I remove the left handgrip and switch assembly to slide off the old bracket and slide on the new one?

I'm assuming I'll have to remove the left bar end in the process. If that's correct is it possible to remove it without mangling it so I can put it back on? On my last bike I had to impact wrench the bar end screws off so I was thinking maybe I should just replace the bar ends too while I'm at it (maybe with the Motovation ones - any other good ones to look at?)

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
ogiedoki said:
I need to replace the clutch lever assembly on my 750. When it fell over I guess the lever hit practically perpendicular to the ground and instead of the lever snapping the bracket itself bent in because now the lever's farther forward than normal. I just got the part in but have some questions.

How exactly do I remove the left handgrip and switch assembly to slide off the old bracket and slide on the new one?

I'm assuming I'll have to remove the left bar end in the process. If that's correct is it possible to remove it without mangling it so I can put it back on? On my last bike I had to impact wrench the bar end screws off so I was thinking maybe I should just replace the bar ends too while I'm at it (maybe with the Motovation ones - any other good ones to look at?)

Thanks for any advice.
Use a Phillip screw driver and take off the barend then slip the same screw driver under the grip and work it around. Spray some windex in the end and slip off the grip. Loosen the screws holding the clutch perch assembly together and slide it off as well this should come right off with the lever removed and the cable out.
Stay away from the imact wrench there fella.:hammer

good luck:cheers

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eviltwin-05 said:
Stay away from the imact wrench there fella.:hammer

good luck:cheers
Thanks for the warning on the impact wrench. I actually did what you said before I read your reply and got it off easily with a regular screwdriver. My old bike was an EX500 and unlike the Gixxer the screws on those mount directly onto the bar and Kawi uses red Loctite on them so they were a b***h to remove when I tried to attach heavier barends. I was worried I'd have the same trouble with the 750 - thankfully no.

Now I just need my new mirror and Woodcraft covers to arrive and my bike will be better than before the drop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.