Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good jet setting for an 88 750 that has a D&D full race exhaust system and stage 3 jet kit on an 88 750 motor with the V&H air filters and crankcase filter.

Any luck??? It seems as if I am getting a some stutter or flat spots in my low end to mid range power and a little stutter coming back off of the throttle....

HELP!!!!

Thanks,

JDB1371

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I'm not sure if it will help your short-stroke motor (what carbs do you have anyway?) But here's what I have in mine before and after on the dyno graph...

remember, my motor is a 907 long-stroke with 38mm's, K&N's, and a Hindle exhaust

160's then 162.5's

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
I'm not sure if it will help your short-stroke motor (what carbs do you have anyway?) But here's what I have in mine before and after on the dyno graph...

remember, my motor is a 907 long-stroke with 38mm's, K&N's, and a Hindle exhaust

160's then 162.5's

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Simon,

I have the 36's on it now.

The Carbs have the Stage 3 Jet Kit in them. And I have the Vance & Hines Filters on them.

I also have the Crankcase filter on the bike too.

I just do nto know what settings would be good or better with the change from the V&H Supersport pipe I had on their to the Full race D&D exhust system.

Let me know if you can help or if anyone else can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JDB1371

·
Registered
16 Posts
JD, there is only ONE way to set up carbs properly, after any engine, intake or exhaust work, and that's to have them set up on a dyno.

Steve.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff,

The guy I got it off of, who was a mechanic, states they are stage 3 jets, and as I stated,I also have the V&H air filters on the carbs.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

JDB1371

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by jeff:
'stage 3' is a pretty broad term....

carb tuning guide here:

http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtun.html
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Jeff,

This whole carb tune, etc. is all new to me.

Do you have a number where I can call you on my
dime and talk a little???

I am trying to se the exisitng jet kit that is in the carbs, but can chnage if necessary or get different carbs, because this motor is coming otu to be replaced by a GSXR 1052 or 1127.

Thanks for the article...

JDB1371 -

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by jeff:
'stage 3' is a pretty broad term....

carb tuning guide here:

http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtun.html
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Jeff,

This whole carb tune, etc. is all new to me.

Do you have a number where I can call you on my
dime and talk a little??? Shoot me a private message, if you can.

I am trying to se the exisitng jet kit that is in the carbs, but can chnage if necessary or get different carbs, because this motor is coming otu to be replaced by a GSXR 1052 or 1127.

Thanks for the article...

JDB1371 -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts