Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going -1 in the front and I need to know which way the sprocket goes on.....raised side out or flush sidde out.

Thanks fuckers!!!

njracer

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
as far as i know its always flush side out, moron
wrong
My instructions said that the side stamped with the tooth size went out, which was not the flush side. That's the way I mounted it last weekend and it appears to be correct.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Maybe on that weed wacker POS you call a racebike!!!

nj
Wouldn't a weedwhacker engine overpower the chasis? Better to stick with the model airplane engine.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
laohu it would take at least 120 hp out of your dump truck to get the power to weight ratio of mine

its ALWAYS sprocket tooth number out, if they have it. i have a few front sprockets that are not stamped so its etched on there. and yep its flat side out for mine, so the lock washer and nut grip a flat surface. i dunno about these new-fangled streetbikes

·
Registered
312 Posts
wrong
My instructions said that the side stamped with the tooth size went out, which was not the flush side. That's the way I mounted it last weekend and it appears to be correct.

+1 See adam has a kid and his bike skills slack off... are you getting any sleep adam?

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
wrong

+1 See adam has a kid and his bike skills slack off... are you getting any sleep adam?
JP said flush out, I said that he was wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
there are different sprockets out there, folks. I don'tt make any assumptions, although with every sprocket I've seen, it's as Adam said it should be.

When I mount a new sprocket I haven't used before, I take an old one that I know was indexed correctly (I actually use a stock sprocket), slide it over the output shaft, sight down from the top, and use a part of the bike (like the stator cover) to reference where the center of the teeth lie. Then I mount up the new one & make sure they index the same.

'course - I could probably save myself alot of trouble by just putting the stamped side out

·
Registered
312 Posts
wrong

JP said flush out, I said that he was wrong.
I'm just picking on you to see if you'll get mad enough to come back to scummit.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
laohu it would take at least 120 hp out of your dump truck to get the power to weight ratio of mine
Hell, if I took off my stock engine and put a weedwhacker engine in its place I'd probably get a better power to weight ratio than I have now. I'm too cheap to rebuild it since I figure by the end of this season I will have wrecked so many times that the bike will not be repairable and I can then justify a nice new shiny one for next season.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
im not sure but i always run flush side out on the r6. the nut has a cut out in it to allow the end of the shaft to fit into the nut. if i put it on flush side in the face of the sproket is flush with the end of the splined part of the shaft. negating the need for the cut out in the nut.
so if it goes flush side in , whats the cut out in the nut for?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.