Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some Lockhart Phillips flush mount signals and i dont how to get them on. Do i need to remove the fairings to put them on or do the old ones pop out or what? Also do the 04 600's have a single or dual filament? Just any kind of help would be great so i dont mess anything up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just above the front fender there is a plastic shield that is secured by some push pins. Just push the center of push pins in and then use your fingernail to pull them out. To remove the signals, there is one nut that holds them in place. Remove the nut and they pop right out. Just unplug the electrical connectors first

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok my bike is naked right now with the side and upper fairings off, not for this i just wanted to take them off bc i havent yet and i want to clean them. But my question is do i need to cut the wires that are connected to the bike to get the things on or what? I dont want to fuck up my wires that are directly connected to the bike itself. I'm hoping i can put this thing back together.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
LP has Suzuki harnesses available for purchase so you don't have to cut the wires, but i just did the ol' cut and splice!!! It really doesn't matter as long as they hold. Just buy some connectors and you are done!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
LP has them on their website or you can just call just about anybody and ask for them. They will find them. It is really easy to just cut and splice them yourself. I think I seen them on ebay too......... 58cycle maybe..... Rumble imports has stuff on eBay too, which it could have been them also. The harnesses are not cheap though...... (for what they are..) and you still have to splice the signal up to the harness.

Rob

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
You're not going to use the stock signals anymore right? Just unhook the stock ones and cut the wires and connectors on the stock ones giving you as much wire as possible to work with on the connector side. Then splice them to the ones you have and you can easily hook and unhook your turn signals still. Soldering is the best method for splicing like that, but not necessary if you don't have the tools to solder.

·
Registered
86 Posts
your local dealer will have the connectors....mine did at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.