Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the site and have not filled things in yet but need some help with the oh so common R/R issues with my K7 750. I know there are many threads on this but I'm looking for specific help. I live in Maine so riding season is short and my bike has been down for weeks so I'm just trying to get it going a.s.a.p. I got the MOSFET fh020aa R/R which came with a small length of thicker red wire with a large in line full size 30amp fuse. I was trying to get it rolling fast as possible so I figured I could cut the plugs from old R/R and wire them into new R/R. 3 yellows were fine but the black and red were 2 and 2 and the new plug is only two prongs. I went ahead and put the two reds together and same with the two black wires. Now the problem is the small 30amp fuse under the tail pops as soon as I plug it in. Is there a way I can fix this without rewiring the whole deal?? I hope I have explained in detail can produce pics if needed I'm just trying to find the easiest fastest way to get the bike on the tar and off the stands before weather changes on me. Thank you in advance for any help. I hope to have pics of the old rocket for the garage soon:)

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,700 Posts
That should have worked. It sounds like there's a short somewhere or the new R/R is faulty. I'd look first at where you "put the two reds together", looking for a short to ground. An ohmmeter would be helpful. Weather or not, this is not a place to rush as you'll likely later pay a price for doing so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for response... So I took my time and wired them together clean. I do have a ohms meter but not sure how to test it at this point. I'm wondering if the red and black are switched on the plug of the R/R,they where not marked. Right now its sitting unplugged and if I plug the red/black in without the key even on it instantly pops that small 30amp fuse in the tail. I understand how to use an ohms meter to a point just not sure what to test...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts