Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please tell me how to get the clutch plates out of gixxer 750 98.i have removed c.cover and snap ring but i dont know what i have to remove to get fibers&plates out.any help would be appreciated.

------------------

·
Rookie
1,401 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think there is a row of bolts in a circle on the outer face of the clutch basket. I could be wrong because I have never worked on a gixxer clutch yet so bear with me. Remove these bolts carefully and watch for flying springs (haha) the outer part should come off then and the plates can be accessed from there. Best to ask someone who knows though...

------------------
SNAFU

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is no springs visible.i have replaced the clutch on an r6 and it has the springs.there is a nut in the middle and a piece of aluminum that looks like it can be removed with a special tool.but which one or what has to come off to make disks accessable?

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i finaly got it.the bolt in the center has to come out.there are no springs but instead some sort of tension washer. thanks everyone for all the help.

------------------

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
when you are ready to put it back together, use the old plates as templates and trace the pattern on cardboard. i found that an old shoe box works the best. much better hook up than the factory clutch plates and a whole lot lighter, too. you can also leave the cover off for a very trick "racing" look. that saves weight as well. i am also very partial to die cast potmetal wheels. they provide a hell of a lot more momentum than those stupid carbon fiber jobbies.

------------------
Hotrod

"i'm gonna git you, sucka!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts