Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with codes and illuminated large red LED light on dash.
Just converted a non-crashed used street bike to ""track only"". bike is a 07 gsxr 750 - 5000miles.
No street parts on it. Full race exhaust, no exhaust servo valve or cables on bike.
Kickstand eliminator plug. Has woodcraft key switch/kill switch bypass harness.
Just un pinned #30 black/brown wire from ecu connector. The un pinned wire #30 removed the C46 code.
Now code C28 shows, red light still on.
Oil psi sensor tested and works. Bike revs smooth, no running issues.

Red light is bright and distracting while riding, so I would like some understanding / education please if C28 code is important or not for track only bike. Is this C28 the secondary throttle plates under the air cleaner or the exhaust servo with cables to exhaust pipe in the trunk area issue? Looking through tech history here shows unclear results.

Is there a recommended remedy for track use only like un-pinning the #30 black/brown wire to remove the C28 code and turn off the light?

Thank you

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,278 Posts
My K6 750 service manual, which I think applies to K7, says that pin pin 30 is "HO2 sensor control selector [For E-02, 19]". I don't see anything about some other function like the secondary throttle. C28 means that you're in fail-safe/limited operability mode. Suggest that you reconnect pin 30 and see what the Yoshimura instructions say about disconnecting the exhaust servo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts