Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, i'm really needing a few parts for my bike and i'm having some problems finding them. I was wanting some flushmount turn signals and i found these on 2 different sites:

http://www.tricktape.com/product.asp?0=210&1=321&3=520

Are these pretty easy to install? How well do they work? are they visible? etc.

Second i need some bar ends(sliders?) not exactly sure what i'm looking for here. The guy that had the bike before me put some washers and a bolt for bar ends
Well i need some simple gloss black ones to replace them. Nothing wild, something stock looking. Do i need Bar end Sliders? Whats really the difference?

Lastly, i need some frame sliders, you guys told me to get some as soon as i posted pics of my bike last year and never got around to it. Its a 97 GSXR 600 and most of what i have found says it required fairing modification. Are there any that dont? Or is it difficult to modify? From where i see they are installed i dont know why it would need that. What are some good ones? I read a while back that stock replacements are crappy and have shattered on a few guys who went down. So whats good? I found some vortex on the Ron Ayers site, but not sure if thats what i need.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to be throughou. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Lockharts are going to need 2 holes drilled into your fairing. I just mounted these on my 600 two nights ago. Sorry no pics yet, haven't uploaded from camera. They are OK for cheap ones. I would have liked to find some LED based lights though.

Bar Ends are pretty easy to find. Ebay has tons of them

Woodcraft makes some good frame sliders.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The signals I have on the front of my bike are very similar looking to those but they just get attached with 3m tape so there is no mods that are needed. Also I will look for them on line but they make the signals that sit in the original cradles in the front of the fairing and snap in without any mods needed. This signal sits completely flush with the fairing and has one orange led that is used for the light. Those are really nice but a little pricy. REV-TEk here in hawaii has those in stock if you really want them drop me a line and I can pick them up for you and you can pay me. Just some ideas. Have fun!!!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the bar ends, there are 2 kinds i've noticed
this kind:

and this kind

Whats the black on the first one? is that just a cover to hold ont he bolt in? or do i have to have the second kind. I looked at my bike and theres just a flush end with a hole for a bolt, so do i need the second kind?

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
The first picture is a bar end with the rubber grommet included in the end itself. The second picture is one that you can use your stock grommets.

Rob

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
I like the pics of the 1st bar ends. As far as flush mounts, hell make your own for under $20

I don't know if you can tell, but this is about as flush as it gets. PM me and I'll tell you how to do it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
or Watsens.... whichever fits your budget. I have never been a fan of those flushmounts. They just look too big on the bike to fit my taste...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts