Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1052 w/snapped crank.Motor has brand new undercut tranny,new shift drum,forks,clutch and the wiseco 1109 piston kit.Can I use a crank from an 1127 w/diff rods or do I need to locate a 1052 crank?help I neeeeed my 11 back together and can only seem to locate 1127 cranks.thanx

·
Registered
658 Posts
Those cranks have a tendency to crack. Be sure if you buy a used one, you make the deal to cover yourself if it fails mag.

Most of the cranks we have fail mag, the customers have us throw them away, however, some people want them back. I have always wondered why someone would pay freight to get a junk crank back, unless.......

Jay

·
Registered
978 Posts
keep your eye open on dragbike.com i've seen a copple of 1052 cranks on their or check out GIXXER zone they redo cranks too

jimmy

·
Registered
763 Posts
bman73zuki,

If you are locating a great deal of 1127 cranks, or one for that matter,

Let me know, I need another one I found a 1992 1100 mess this weekend, but I think it will be o.k., with a new crank...

Thanks,

JDB1371

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by J.D.:
[QB]bman73zuki,

If you are locating a great deal of 1127 cranks, or one for that matter,

Let me know, I need another one I found a 1992 1100 mess this weekend, but I think it will be o.k., with a new crank...

>
There was a 1127 crank w?rods and new trans on ebay for $600.I think it ends today or yesterday:( .Im waiting to hear from another guy who thinks he has 2 1127 cranks,when I hear Ill let you know.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Originally posted by bman73zuki:
I have a 1052 w/snapped crank.Motor has brand new undercut tranny,new shift drum,forks,clutch and the wiseco 1109 piston kit.Can I use a crank from an 1127 w/diff rods or do I need to locate a 1052 crank?help I neeeeed my 11 back together and can only seem to locate 1127 cranks.thanx
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes you can use the 1127 crank and rods in your 1052 bottom end...the 1127 has a longer stroke and you will have to make sure you adjust your deck height when you reassemble the motor...

dwayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts