Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed a new upper throttle cable and a new throttle grip in hopes of solving my sticky throttle situation, it never worked. No matter where I open the throttle to, it will not return. It works good as a cruise control, but can be very dangerous during sudden stops. The tighter i make the cables the harder it is to throttle. I have loosened them as much as i can at the top by the ignition box on the bar it is easier but still will not return. I know the lower cable controls the deacceleration but it is fine. Anything I am missing? is the spring return that controls the carb slides shot?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Do you have any play in the cable at all?
That is what you need to achieve, try adjusting the carb side of the cable, also check you cable routing, less sharp turns the better.

Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a little play, they are tight but not rigid. the only turn in it, is the one around the front left fork, but curve is allocated for it. The outer wrapping on the cables isn't pulled tight, there is still some slack. I'll see if i can zip tie it off to create more play

1 - 3 of 3 Posts