Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this swingarm assembly from a guy here on the forums a year and a half ago and am now assembling the bike. I was sold the Swingarm and the Brake caliper Bracket (93-95 gsxr 750), that's all!? I apparently need the dog bones as well as the lower shock bracket that attatches to the frame? Or if I retain that gsxr 1100 bracket, which dog bones and what hardware is neccessary to bolt the assembly together? I used the inner sleeves from the 1100 to slide inside the 750 therefore it bolts thru the frame but now I'm stuck!!!
I would deeply appreciate any help in this matter and if anyone has any of the required parts for sale that I require please respond with offer, I would like to ride this season, It's been two years now!?
Thankyou in advance, EVO

·
Registered
436 Posts
well you should be able to use the dogbones and LINKAGE off your 750 on the 1100....if it doesnt fit i have a set of dogbones off a 96 1100 swingarm that would definately work, but im almost positive that the 750's dogbones would work! if you want you can get the lowering dogbones off ebay...that way you can adjust your ride height!! pm me if you want the dogbones i have!

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx ky93 for the input but apparently I was not clear. I will clarify: I already have a 94 GSXR 1100 I am trying to install the 750 swingarm.. The Dogbones may work but the bracket (whatever it's called that pivot's on the lower shock mount and attatches to the frame as well as the dogbones is the problem. I don't have the one from the 750 and I think it's what I require to complete the job. A lil input from the rest of the gixxer guru's here would be helpful. I would think anyone Roadracing these bikes in the past woulkd have converted because of the shorter wheelbase and bracing. Anyhow thanx again ky93. EVO

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
The dog bones are a completely different design on the 94 1100 (welded assy) and will not work on the 95 750 swingarm (individual dog bones). You will need the dog bones and link from a 1994 or 1995 GSXR 750 to complete your conversion. Unfortunatly I don't have a set to spare.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i think he is talking about the linkage (the nuckel the hooks the shock to the frame!) is that what youre talking about EVO?

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that is correct that is what I need, the lower "knuckle" or Link and the dogbones. Thanx guy's.... Anyone out there got any for sale!!! Help....
Thanx again guy's.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hmmm, let me look around. I think I still have my stock dogbones someplace.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx slickKat, I need the link too......dig deep! Anyone else with any for sale, I'm so close yet so far away.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts