Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have my graphs saved on computer, so ill have to explain this all by typing..

Long story short, I had a good map in my bike - dyno'd it the power curve was nice and straight (at a 45 degree angle), peak power was good and the F/A ratio was a little bit rich, BUT it was a nice flat line throughout the rev range....

I noticed a couple weeks ago that my bike was running really bad, sluggish, lag in throttle response..seemed to have lost power....SO i throw it on the dyno (with the same map as before)...Now it dyno's like $hit! missing ~5hp from before, and the f/a ratio curve has gone all crazy! The f/a is no longer a nice flat line - it's like a rollercoaster!

I know I lost a few hp due to the weather, cause the first time I dyno'd it it was nice and cool, this time it was a lot warmer - BUT what would make the fuel curve go all crazy?

I checked the plugs they were fine, checked the air filter (it was fine) the gas was good gas...The only thing I changed was I unplugged the PCV hose from the airbox and changed the oil from 10W40 to 10w50.....

any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
IF you have a powercommander on it,unplug it,and see what happens..i know alot of people are having problems with there pc and the symptoms you said,are them..also,do you have a TRE?maybe it is screwed up too...just a couple ideas....

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the power commander seemed to be working fine....I guess I could unplug it but then my bike woule run worse because of all the flat spots it would have.

I put the bike back on the dyno and loaded the map i had been using all along, then adjusted the fuel mixture of that map manually, then did a dyno run, then adjusted the map and so on.....

My TRE (which I never use) was working fine too (i checked it all out)

more help please!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
outlawtigger said:
Tps?
I did that little diagnostic test and the TPS was still 'in range'

·
Registered
456 Posts
Kinda hard to say for sure, but it does sound like the pwr commander has taken a crap. Hard to say without seeing your charts from before and the ones now. Or you could have fuel suppy problems?
Best I can do from way over here.
Richard

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2wicked said:
Kinda hard to say for sure, but it does sound like the pwr commander has taken a crap. Hard to say without seeing your charts from before and the ones now. Or you could have fuel suppy problems?
Best I can do from way over here.
Richard
okay, i'll get the charts and post em up....

any way to tell if the power commander has gone crazy?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts