Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the scoop, My left side blinkers aint workin. If i touch the wires move em round ect. the front one comes on, if i do the same with the wires in the rear , the rear one does the same thing??? I thought i jus burnt out the rear bulb cuz when i turned my blinkers on, only the front one would come on an stay solid. But when i looked at the bulb it was fine. So what could this be? Any ideas anybody? Maybe jus the relay or sumthin? i cant figure it out, maybe someone smarter can help me out? Thanx guys

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Make sure that the front and back are both hooked up. If either the front or back are not hooked up at the same time you will get a solid blinker.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya ill make sure, but right now if i turn my left blinker on, neither front or back comes on, be4 the front jus came on solid, than sumtimes before it would work than wouldnt. But right now neither work. And i know both bulbs are fine????

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Something else you may want to try is to take apart the bullet-connectors on the signal units... the rear is under the seat/cowl and the front is tucked up in the fairing... just follow the wire from the signal and trace it to the connector. Take `em apart, clean `em up as good as you can, and make sure when you re-connect them that you get a solid connection. Sometimes the connectors just get loose/corroded.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Try pluging in the signals from the other side. I'd replace all the bulbs while its apart you can change them all for under 20 bucks, why take the chance.
Bones

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put evrything back together, it got dark and i need it for work tommorow. Now the rear stays on solid?? strange, well ill take apart the connecters tommorow and clean em out hopefully that will be the end of it.
thanx guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts