Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies, I'll try and avoid hanging out to long here as this is your turf.

I need to get a bike for my girl friend. Shes 5 foot even, light as a feather, but enjoys going fast.

I'm really trying to find a sub 750 for her, the roads here on okinawa really don't allow for anything 100-120mph and that's truly pushing it.

My GSXR is almost finished and road ready so I'm looking to get her something so we can ride together during the summer.

What's your thoughts? I was thinking a 500, but do they make a 250?

Shes new to motorcycles, shes rode scoots for a long time though.

Any help yall can give would be awesome!:cheers

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Impressive. The weight at sub 375, and the seat height really make for a nice ride for shorter riders..lol She would be happy with that. Any other suggestion? That looks really promising.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Impressive. The weight at sub 375, and the seat height really make for a nice ride for shorter riders..lol She would be happy with that. Any other suggestion? That looks really promising.
If she wants more power yet still easily controllable go with the Ninja 500 - its the same seat height and I've actually seen leftover 09's going for like $3500 OTD which is a little less than what a brand new Ninja 250 would cost. The GS500 is in the same boat lots of leftovers at dealers at good prices, Suzuki is actually offering $1000 off and 1.9 financing on all leftover GS500's, not sure if that applies to Japan too though.

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
The sv650s is a bike with lots of upgrade-ability yet won't overwhelm out of the box.
Good looking machine with lots of srad goodies to bolt on later.

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
The sv650s is a bike with lots of upgrade-ability yet won't overwhelm out of the box.
Good looking machine with lots of srad goodies to bolt on later.
The SV650 is pretty damn tall for a 5' rider, even if she has a VERY long inseam! :)

A 500ES is not a bad starter bike. Still might need to do some work to lower it.

Good luck.

--Wag--

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a ninja 500 which I started to teach my wife on who is 5'2" and she had a problem touching the ground. I think this is a good beginner bike. Keep in mind any bike you buy would probably have to be lowered for her, good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts