Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey every1, benn lurkin on this site 4 some time now and its tiem to do my 1st post....jsut got a brand new 05 GSXR 750 yellow and black about a week ago and am absolutely lovin it!!!! Being a brand spankin new rider I know I should've taken every1's advice about gettin a SV650S as apposed to a Gixxer let alone a 750 but I had to go w/my hearts desire....Been wantin one everysince I got my license a few years back...I have taken the MSF (thats actually how i got my license) and am lookin into takin the more advanced course in a month or so.

Anywho, my question is as far as upgrades go, what to get, already got a Yosh RS-3 pipe as well as pro-impact frame sliders. I was wonderin about pickin up some other things like engine covers and a double bubble windscreen. Any recomendations? was lookin into MDR industries since they have a nice black set that would go nice w/the bike and also LP V2 Speedscreen in Dark Smoke. Also lookin into getting a nice aftermrket chain guard that goes w/the factory hugger. Maybe a Carbon Fiber look one? Any info on Race Stands would greatly be appreciated aswell.

Thanx for any advice.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Woodcraft has some really nice engine covers!! They also make really good stands! (I will be getting a set in a week or so!) With windscreens I'd either go with a Puig or a Zero Gravity. Both are excellent! Art makes some really nice carbon fiber stuff. I though really hard about getting a carbon front fender because they look kick ass, but they are $$$$$$!

Rob

·
Registered
197 Posts
Rear sets!

By far the best upgrade i have done to my bike. The feel from the gearbox and rear brake are so much better, i dont know how i rode my bike before them. I have the vortex rearsets on my k4 750 Luv them!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
haha I joined the summer of 2002, but had 3 posts still Feb. 2003. So it can happen.

Upgrades - u wanted looks, performance?

you wanting bling,drag racing, track day, what type of stuff?

since you sorta new, time in the saddle is whats going to be best. try saving money for gear, leathers, tires, track days, and the cheap insurance we all have.

·
Registered
556 Posts
+1 to Gimpsta's answer.

Seat time is the best and cheapest mods to your ride... Of course fender eliminator if not done already. Undertail if you want looks... And mostly.. gear, gear, gear! I take care of so many traumas in the ER from motorcyclists going down and only wearing a helmet.... Usually with Jeans, or even worse, shorts and the "wife-beater" tee shirt...Skin grafts look horrible and gear is cheaper. IMHO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.