Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
111,307 Posts
On a bike there is NO TELLING. There is alot of turbulance, especially in that area. It can be coming from anywhere. If it is enough to be noticed like that though, I would recomend taking all the fairings off, and cleaning the entire motor with a degreaser, and then start it up and let it run, see if you can find an oil spot developing.

Have you ahd the oil changed anytime recently?

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Frame Sliders- THAT'S IT!

I changed the oil 2 weeks ago, but this was happening since week 2 I purchased her.
it's getting worse though.

Does warranty cover this kind of stuff?

Keep in mind, I've only had her for about 6 weeks.

Edit: Not been laid down. Ever

thanks

· Premium Member
111,307 Posts
ONE thing... when did you install the frame sliders?

It is Actually possible on some bikes (not sure if it is on this one or not) to pt the sliders on wrong, and do damage to the motor. One thing that can happen is if one bolt is longer than the other and you swap them it can puncture into arts of the engine. the other is if the bolt is long enough to nerly bottom in a hole that is not a thru hole, and oil or some other liquid (too much loctite) is put in the hole, it can hydrolock, and bust the casing as well.

RARE thing to happen, but was pretty common on a few makes of bike (srad gen GSXRs had it happen sometimes.

· Registered
324 Posts
Moto_Joe said:
ONE thing... when did you install the frame sliders?

It is Actually possible on some bikes (not sure if it is on this one or not) to pt the sliders on wrong, and do damage to the motor. One thing that can happen is if one bolt is longer than the other and you swap them it can puncture into arts of the engine. the other is if the bolt is long enough to nerly bottom in a hole that is not a thru hole, and oil or some other liquid (too much loctite) is put in the hole, it can hydrolock, and bust the casing as well.

RARE thing to happen, but was pretty common on a few makes of bike (srad gen GSXRs had it happen sometimes.

Yeah, on the left side the engine mount bolt hole goes all the way through and is open on the backside, on the right the hole goes into the block. I hope that is not it. Hopefully it is something simple like the clutch cover or an oil galley plug. I would defiantly take it to the dealer and have them confirm what is leaking and go from there before whatever is leaking decides to take a crap and all 2.6 quarts of oil comes out all at one once on the rear tire while your driving at 60 mph.

· Registered
166 Posts
Check the oil fill cap. One time on my last bike ('01 gsxr 600) I forgot to put it back on after changing the oil. I drove nearly 50 miles before I noticed. My right boot, leg, fairing, and exhaust were covered in a light film of oil. I think the vibrations tossed the oil out.

Check yours to see if the O-ring might be cut or missing, if it's loose, or even missing.

· Registered
924 Posts
Take your fairing off, clean all around motor, with fairings off start bike up and ride for about 3 miles, return to garage and use baby powder or talc powder with a light/soft bristle brush and trace the leak back to it's origins. I used this method on my 750 to find an oil leak. For my bike it wouldn't start to leak unless I ran the bike hard for a couple of miles. Culprit was a leaky gasket on the oil case.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.