Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short the clip that holds the shift shaft on place from the outside came off while I was tapping on the shaft (don't ask) and the shaft pushed into the motor I pulled it back out and now I can only shift into second gear. What did I fuck up and how hard is it to fix? Gotta get it fixed it's my only transpo.
Thank's Mike

·
Registered
316 Posts
Pull off the clutch cover and you should be able to see the gear at the end of the shifter shaft to the lower left behind the clutch basket. It looks like a foot(shaft gear) mating with a hand (trans gear). What you need to do is take the clip back off and push the shaft back into the motor far enough to turn the foot shaped gear to be centered on the hand shaped gear. Then push the shaft back out of the motor and clip it in place and you should be good to go.

I hope this helps

Let me know how you make out

-Dave

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave I'll either give that a try myself or maybe drop it off at this good shop that I know. Just hope it is that simple. Again thank's for the reply.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mike-
It should be no problem for you to do it yourself and save some dough. Just remember what bolts came from where on the clutch cover and don't over tighten them when putting the cover back on.

Pull the cover off gently to try not to tear the gasket if you do tear it just use some rtv to seal it until you can get a new one.

With the bike on a side stand you should not lose too much oil (maybe a 1/2 quart) but have some on hand to top it off when your done.

-Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts