Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was running my bike letting it idle flipped my headlights on and it died.. i now have no power to the ignition. i found the connector to my ignition switch was burned and ended up just cutting out the connector and wiring it back together and still nothing. fuses are not blown and battery is good. the only other thing i found was the diode on the left side behind the panel was melted. any suggestions?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,398 Posts
i was running my bike letting it idle flipped my headlights on and it died.. i now have no power to the ignition. i found the connector to my ignition switch was burned and ended up just cutting out the connector and wiring it back together and still nothing. fuses are not blown and battery is good. the only other thing i found was the diode on the left side behind the panel was melted. any suggestions?


Looks like a complete overhaul of that harness is in order.
Something somewhere has caused this damage and left unchecked will surely cause it again or worse, an electrical fire!
Wires chaffing over time lose their shielding exposing them to each other and bare metal frames and the elements.
Chasing wiring gremlins has always been one of my least favorite things to do as they are tedious and time consuming but necessary in cases like this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,015 Posts
Check the wiring from the signal generator. The orange joins up with two other orange in the harness, It's a known week spot.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top