Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

need help identifying what i have!!

858 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Bufftester 
#1 ·
here are pics of the bike. there is no clutch cable or even a spot for one. so do i have a hydrolic clutch? also what is the best way to get the water pump out. the out side playe broke and the circular piece that sticks in the motor is stuck in there.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Theres no clutch cable because it's hydraulic. You'll need the countershaft sprocket cover in order for it to operate. Looks like the pushrod is missing as well.

And yeah,its watercooled....

#4 ·
I could be wrong,it's been 20yrs since I messed with a waterpumper..The experts will correct me if Im wrong and get you straight

#5 ·
I have seen your other posts and according to your engine code you do not have a 750. The U707 engine code is for the first gen water cooled 1100 motor.

Oldgixxer is correct, you have a hydraulic clutch which is right beside your drive sprocket.

The clutch slave is bolted to the countershaft sprocket which uses a pushrod through the motor

Attachments

#10 ·
I believe the u707 engine was produced from 93-98 so it could be anyone of those years

I am more of an oil cooled guy but maybe some of the WC guys here could be more specific.

Yes oil and water cooled

Not sure what you mean by clever lever but I think http://www.gixxer.com/forums/members/444-oldgixxer.html has one somewhere in the back of his tent, you may want to ask him.

Here is a clutch setup on an old oiler which is pretty much what you have and a standard clutch master cylinder

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.