Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
GSX-R750
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks!

Working on my K4 750, and previous owner so generously did some strategic weight reduction on this bike before it became mine....

Anyhow, gonna do another OEM parts order here soon, and this is one clip I just can't find the part number on. I am very fluent in the parts diagrams for this bike, and I know for a fact that the front cowling brace and it's pop clips are not on the diagrams....

But a picture of the clip is available on the service manual, but it doesn't show the part number. Here's that photo from the service manual:
Font Line Auto part Art Parallel

That clip looks like it should be pretty thick/large, the holes on the brace and the intake are pretty big. If the part number isn't easy to find, can someone just post a picture of what their bike looks like where the intake pipes are pop-clipped to the cowling brace so that I can see the head type on the clip? Should definitely help me narrow it down.

Any help is appreciated!
-Mike

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts
is it a plastic push pull clip? you can get those fasteners at a lot of places, the bay, zon, ronayers.com .. there area few sizes that's all you need to work out, why not pick up an assorted box of them for like $14, have extras, they seem to sprout wings and fly off or become useless, nice to have around, I picked up a bunch of chynese and they seem great, all 3 sizes... like 30 of each fo $15 was it?

·
Registered
GSX-R750
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah for sure, I just want to know which exact one it is so I don't get an assortment and it's missing the exact one I need lol.

When you say "all three sizes", what are those parts? I know the smallest one, I've got a pack of those, fit well. But my bike doesn't have the larger ones. Is there only 3 sizes on this bike?
Thanks!
-Mike

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
09409-08308-5ES
2004 SUZUKI GSX-R750K4 - INSTALLATION PARTS

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts
definitely don't pay $3.79 for one, as I mentioned hit up the bay and get yourself an assortment and have em or ron ayers has em for like $1.51 .. confident the ones you get off the bay are the same ones Suzuki used, they sure look and feel the same...

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,933 Posts
It's been a while but I have several posts here about these pins, for example this. Search for posts by me and "delrin".

I'm aware of two types of these fasteners that Suzuki refers to as Type A and Type B. The Type A has a part number that's 09409-xxyyy-zzz. "xx" is the pin/hole diameter and I'm aware of 06, 07, and 08. "zzz" designates the material and finish and is sometimes missing. The Type B is pried open with a screwdriver and has pn 94479-35F00. They are less rigid and are probably not delrin. On my K6 1000, the air duct cover uses a 7 mm Type A while the swingarm chain guard uses an 8 mm.

P.S. Here's the Nifco (the actual manufacturer) info about them. Not every one is used by Suzuki.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts