Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the bike from a friend he changed out the rectifier on it bc I suppose that went bad on him when I got it it kept dieng from a bad battery changed it and it was working fine for short rides but when I took it for a long drive It shut down on me on my way home the cluster went dim af and I think I seen a spark from where the rectifier was lifted the seat and my battery was pretty much fried smoking and hot af So I towed it home next day replaced the new battery and when I turned it on kept blowing the ignition fuse so checked the rectifier and the yellow wires to the stator were Burt together so I concluded that from the long ride wherever he put them wires it got too hot and melted the way he had it and they shorted out and from that it overheated my battery but I’m not all sure what to replace as everything looks fine becides the battery and the dim cluster light also not getting anything on the cluster accept the neutral light

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
That was the longest sentence I've ever read in my life :lol

Sounds like the rectifier wasn't relocated. Search the forum for the topic - it has heavily been discussed.

Also, please go introduce yourself in the starting line so we know who you are.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
There are three components to the charging system. If one fails, it will often bring the others with it and WILL bring them with it if it is left.

Buy the service manual.

Test R/R, Generator, and battery.

I bet tree fiddy that your stator has at least 2 burnt coils in it. Don't just throw parts at the bike. test them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I’m betting the stators bad to as the rectifier went out twice thus far that I know of I understand that those are the problems I trying to find what do I need to do becides replacing those parts bc my cluster all I'm getting is really dim orange light and just Nutral light and blinkers no numbers or anything and my fuel pump isint priming it should still prime up even with the cluster out and the r/r out right ? Checked the ecu and it looks fine all the pins look new

1 - 7 of 7 Posts