Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. i'm looking for my first bike and found a 93 GSXR 750, the bike looks pretty nice, everything is stock.. but i have some questions that i hope someone in here can help me with.

The bike has 54000 km on the clock.... and the owner (old man) doesnt have much history on the bike... the engine sounded fine, but some people say the the more quiet the gixxer engine is the the more is it in need of an adjustment.. any comments on this part?

other then that it was the clutch.. i kinda hmm.. what u call it it in english? the start wasnt smooth.. just like the clutch was kinda "jumpy" when it started to get grip and you could see the chain wibrating badly when letting it out slowly... worn out clutch? hard to fix? it worked great when i just drove down the street.

other then that there seemed to be a very small oil leak at some some oil line that want in on the engine head on the left side of the engine.

And the fork was leaking some oil..

The price is much lower then i other 93's

Anyone with some info on this and maybe other things i need to be look for?

I would appreciate it alot.

Regards Jan
Norway

I posted this post earlier but i cant find it...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Out side of a total rebuild of the engine, there is nothing really hard about repairing this bike. I bought mine in fair shape with 32k miles for $1000. 54k km on a bike is a little high, but bike engines are not like car engines, the tolerances are so much higher. It's more about how well the bike was maintained and where it was stored. I've already invested lots more $$$ but I feel it is a good investment. Be perpaired to spend some time working on it, it's like a woman, likes to comsume lots of your time, but the rewards are worth it. But for a first bike, depending on your size, a lesser bike might be a better fit.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I understand what 93Gixxer and Bobbychet are saying about the learning on a smaller bike, but my first one is the one that i have, 95 750. just be good to the bike, and dont try anything out of your skill level. that all that i can say about that.

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
just be good to the bike, and dont try anything out of your skill level. that all that i can say about that.
Yeah what he said....... just take it easy. If you really want to visit the true Squid Farm of GDC just look two Forums above the WaterCooled Forum. I get my favorite laughs watching the post in that forum!!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
yah, that forum is funny. i still wont post in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts