Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help - brakes won\'t work!!

I now have the nissin brakes bolted up to the 89 1100 front end for my 87 7/11, but they refuse to work? I have bled them two different ways, using the lever and by injecting fluid to push out the air, they refuse to work. I tried bleeding each connection point as well. What can a guy do?

HELP!

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Re: need help - brakes won\'t work!!

if you don't have any leaks and your master cylinder is okay, the pistons are probably stuck in the caliper bores. you'll need to disassemble the caliper and clean the parts....you might even need to replace the piston seals.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Re: need help - brakes won\'t work!!

Start with taking your calipers completly apart and clean them very good.A solevent tank and air compresser come in real handy for this.If that does'nt cure it than the problem is in the master cylinder.There are o-rings inside where the lever pushes,they could be bad.If you don't have the tools to pull the mc apart yourself,unbolt the complete brake system and take it to your local dealer.They can fix it and bench bleed it,then all you need to do is bolt it back up and away you go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.