Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2008 gsx650f. I have replaced the radiator, clutch master cylinder, regulator rectifier, battery, stator, spark plugs, and air filter. it wont rev past 7k ish. I have no clue what to do besides take it to a shop, which id rather not do. I can send a vid through email to anyone if that would help. Thank you in advance.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a 2008 gsx650f. I have replaced the radiator, clutch master cylinder, regulator rectifier, battery, stator, spark plugs, and air filter. it wont rev past 7k ish. I have no clue what to do besides take it to a shop, which id rather not do. I can send a vid through email to anyone if that would help. Thank you in advance.
I took apart the fuel pump assembly and there was particulate in the bottom where the bottom filter was so I am going to spray it down with carb cleaner. if that doesn't work would anyone recommend replacing the fuel pump regulator and the fuel pump?

· Registered
GSX-R750
523 Posts
Not revving out is usually a fuel pressure or delivery issue. Something I didn't see on your list was injectors.

Absolutely clean the fuel pickup on the pump, that screen gets pretty dirty with age and miles. It pops off and you can spray it down. I even used a toothbrush lightly on it to scrub off the external junk on mine, just don't scrub hard at all.

I would take off the fuel rail and injectors, and clean the injectors in an ultrasonic bath, and rig up a DIY contactor to open and close them while being blasted in the cleaner. I did this on my K4 750, and although it ran before, they look really good after.

Hope this helps.

-Mike

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not revving out is usually a fuel pressure or delivery issue. Something I didn't see on your list was injectors.

Absolutely clean the fuel pickup on the pump, that screen gets pretty dirty with age and miles. It pops off and you can spray it down. I even used a toothbrush lightly on it to scrub off the external junk on mine, just don't scrub hard at all.

I would take off the fuel rail and injectors, and clean the injectors in an ultrasonic bath, and rig up a DIY contactor to open and close them while being blasted in the cleaner. I did this on my K4 750, and although it ran before, they look really good after.

Hope this helps.

-Mike
Hey mike thank you for the info! I took my whole fuel pump assembly apart last night and there was sediment in the bottom where the second strainer. I got home today and sprayed the entire assembly down with carb cleaner and washed and flushed it thoroughly. If this does not fix the issue would you recommend getting a new fuel pump and regulator?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Purchase or download a service manual for your bike.
Inside, you will find the procedures for troubleshooting your fuel system...checking fuel pressure and a timed volume test etc.
I put on a new fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator and it runs amazing now it is like a completely different bike thank you for all the help!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey mike thank you for the info! I took my whole fuel pump assembly apart last night and there was sediment in the bottom where the second strainer. I got home today and sprayed the entire assembly down with carb cleaner and washed and flushed it thoroughly. If this does not fix the issue would you recommend getting a new fuel pump and regulator?
I put on a new fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator and it runs amazing now it is like a completely different bike thank you for all the help!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hope this helps.

-Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.