Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys need some help here......there are three things im trying to remove from my bike but just seem to not be able too......now i have lost my manual so i dont have a clue if this is the correct way that i am trying....ok

btw its a 04 600

*brake lever
*clutch lever
*front rim

now as far as i can tell sumone who built my bike must have super-glued the nuts/bolts holding these parts on.......for the life of me i vant get them off......and can sumone tell me what the proper steps are to remove the front rim????

·
Registered
187 Posts
you need an axle tool to get the wheel off.. step 1.. buy one or make one... remove calipers, step 2....leave the pinch bolts tigh on e the opposite of the threaded end of the axle.. step 3...pull axle out.. that was the final step,

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
you need an axle tool to get the wheel off.. step 1.. buy one or make one... remove calipers, step 2....leave the pinch bolts tigh on e the opposite of the threaded end of the axle.. step 3...pull axle out.. that was the final step,
You can buy the tool for the front rim from GDC store
It's a 22 mm hex drive
Pretty shitty the fact that it isn't in the tool kit

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The brake and clutch levers are really easy. For the clutch side turn the adjuster screw all the way in to give you some slack when pulling off the lever. Just undo the bolt and remove the clutch cable. For the brake side get a flat head screw driver and a socket to loosen the nut. Unscrew the bolt and the lever will come off.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You can buy the tool for the front rim from GDC store
It's a 22 mm hex drive
Pretty shitty the fact that it isn't in the tool kit
Just to correct this post. The front axle tools is a 24mm hex, not a 22. You can use a 3/8" drive 13/16" spark plug socket backwards, with a long extension through it and a ratchet. (only if you have the spark plug sockets that will allow an extension from either side.) if not, use the same socket with a set of vice grips.

Scott

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Just to correct this post. The front axle tools is a 24mm hex, not a 22.
My bad

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok...thanks guys...after some adjustments i ahve replaced both levers but the god damned calipers wont budge???? am i doing it wrong????is it the two silver type hex bolts by the brake lines???? if so mine are superglued or thread locked or sumthing cause its nots moving....i dunno......

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
most likely thread locker, stop being a pussy and use some muscle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts