Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
At least the '96-'99 750 and the '97-'00 600 locks will fit, possibly the later models too. Don't forget a lock for the trunk. Check out eBay for locks, they are sometimes sold as a set with all keys when street bikes are converted to race bikes - or are salvaged...

·
Registered
727 Posts
it's the trunk lock that may not fit. I'd get the right set.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
you could also have a locksmith re pin your current locks if you are worried about someone finding your key and stealing your bike. It would be cheaper than buying new locks.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
you could also have a locksmith re pin your current locks if you are worried about someone finding your key and stealing your bike. It would be cheaper than buying new locks.
good luck replacing that gas lock with out a key to pop it up first. you will have to get a key maid for it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
look in your manual it should have the key number in it. then the dealer can make you a new key. at least thats how it is for my 96 gixxer. key number was hand written into the manual.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I would need to buy a Suzuki blank key first right? So I should be able to remove the trunk lock and get them to copy it from that? What about calling Suzuki and seeing if they can look it up by the VIN number?
I good locksmith will probably already have it. I just had a spare made at a local locksmith and they carried the blanks.

gixxerman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.